Friday, March 29, 2013

Not so great


The past couple of weeks haven't treated me nicely :/ My computer crashed 3 weeks ago and well it's been hard for me to do anything but at least now it's getting fixed. Also during spring break my car broke down so this week has been hard for to get to lab on time during the morning so I haven't been in lab in the morning and well I have minimal hours this week. This week I started working on the submersible attaching the probe that will be reading data from the water. There is also a camera added to the submersible so that I'm able to see where I'm going and to just get an idea of how it is. (Like in Rio Salado or Papago park) 
I also tried testing out the probe that will be attached to the robot but it didn't seem to work out so well mainly because it is old and not calibrated. My next step is to calibrate the probe and test it to see if it is going to allow me to get accurate results. Since the only outside body of water on campus is a fountain I spent a good 30 minutes or so trying to get results but since it wasn't calibrated the results were a bit weird. Everyone kept looking at me like I was weird because I was putting stuff in the fountain but I guess they were just curious heck even public safety paid me a little visit.
Thursday was very interesting because as you all know it's when we have a robotics meeting and well we have a project to try out, 2 projects actually. One of those is build a soda bottle water rocket which is somewhat simple if you don't over think it. The other is making a small boat out of cardboard that should be able to float and move.

No comments:

Post a Comment