Friday, November 15, 2013

Protocol

PCR protocol:
PCR mix
DNA 1μl
Primer 1 2μl
Primer 2 2μl
Master mix 12μl
DNase free H2O 7μl
Total= 25μl

Cycle
1. 95°c for 3 minutes
2. 95°c for 30 seconds
3. 58°c for 40 seconds                  Repeat 2-4 35times
4. 72°c for 1 minutes
5. 72°c for 10 minutes
6. Hold at 12°c 

Well that's my PCR protocol with the cycles included but we might need to recalculate one of the temperatures because it was just and educated guess. This week we had our rough draft for our research paper due and I found it quite difficult to accomplish since I don't have any results that can help me with my conclusion but I was however able to finish part if it. Last year when I wrote my first research paper it was quite easy because I had all this information in my head and all the results it was just a matter of putting it all together, now don't get me wrong I don't think it was the best paper ever but it was a pretty good first try. Next week I will be getting some results from my project and hopefully I will be able to revise my paper and make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment