Thursday, October 10, 2013

Electrophoresis

Well last week I began my DNA extraction protocol and found it quite easy to do, or so I thought. When the time came to using the Wizard kit it was difficult to follow the protocol that came with the kit so I was asking Matt tons of questions regarding how to use it. After a while of going back and forth with Matt I was able to write a protocol in my own words. At first it took me quite some time to get used to the process but I believe that after a while I will be able to do it in a much faster pace since everything is practically repetitive. Tomorrow I will be running my extracted DNA though a gel to find out if I have any type of DNA present in my sample. When that is complete I will be running the rest of my sample through a PCR machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment