Thursday, February 14, 2013

Weird week

   This week has been pretty weird for me because of everything I have going on like my project and school work. Today I worked on the bacterial cultures I have incubated a while back and it held good results except for some unfortunate few that were contaminated but I was still able to get data from the remaining ones. Basically what I did was count every single CFU's (Colony Forming Units) present on each individual dish meaning every dot on the dish was counted. The control plates that I had were the most contaminated of all the majority of them were contaminated but for the ones that were not contaminated I counted the CFU's and took the average of all the controls which theoretically should all have the same samples.
 




I also tested out this experiment for a lab that was meant to test out the levels of oxygen ppm, Nitrogen, and phosphate. At first the experiment seemed somewhat difficult but after I got started it was fairly easy. I was also timing myself to see how long it should take for someone to do it and it took me roughly 55 minutes but I also had multiple water sources to test out: tap water, DI water, and Papago water. It held some interesting results, At first I thought I had messed up somewhere but then I realized that everything was done properly so the results of oxygen was 0 ppm for all water sources, nitrogen was also at zero, the only one that gave me results was phosphate which Papago water was rated at 2 and both DI water and tap water were rated at 1.   

No comments:

Post a Comment