Thursday, January 24, 2013

Well it's good to be back even though I have to hit the ground running because of all the stuff I have to do ranging from my main project, and my small project to organizing things, and helping set up for labs. It has been a hectic start for the semester so far because of the difficulty of my classes.  I also applied to the ASU student conference that is on March 4th and I got an email yesterday saying that I got accepted to participate in it. During this past week I have set up a new set of algae eutrophication which takes about two week for it to develop enough for it to be visible with the naked eye. I also had to redo one of the sets of my pea plant experiment which is set at 25 degrees Celsius and the light cycle is at 12 hours light and 12 hours dark this set should run for about 1 week this allows them to germinate. The purpose of this experiment is to determine what the optimal conditions are for the best germination rate.

The current setup that I have for my project is a bit confusing because I have 6 different treatments.
Materials:
  • 40-15ml test tubes
  • 6- test tube racks
  • Papago park pond water and RO water
  • 5-125ml Erlenmeyer flask
  • Green pipette, and micro pipette
  • Incubator set at 32 degrees Celsius with a light cycle of 16 hours light and 8 hours dark     
Nutrients: Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite, Ammonium Chloride, and Sodium phosphate.

Treatments: Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite, Ammonium Chloride, Sodium Nitrate + Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite + Sodium Phosphate, Ammonium Chloride + Sodium Phosphate.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment