Monday, December 3, 2012


The past week has been busy with everything going on from school work to the projects I'm working on. I inoculated plates with all the samples of algae that I had to see how many bacterial communities appeared. It was a bit difficult to count them all because there was so many and once you lost count you had to start all over. The picture to the left is one of the plates that had the most bacteria growth on it.

I also went through one of the racks that contained Ammonium Chloride stock in it and put them on a slide so that I could be able to identify the different species of algae that were present. The task proved to be difficult most of the algae was a little hard to identify because of the quality of the microscope. One of the main species that I was able to identify was Protococcus and then there was some unidentifiable Protozoans.                                  
Today I went to analyze the results for my pea plant experiment and I had 29/30 peas that germinated in the incubator at 20 degrees Celsius with 6 hours of light and 18 hours of darkness. I still have multiple temperatures and light to experiment on so that I'm able to figure out what is the optimal conditions for the pea plants to grow

No comments:

Post a Comment