Thursday, September 26, 2013

It's time

It's about time I can start on my project. Matt just gave me the okay today since he had to figure out what type of protocol I needed to use and also all of the materials I will be using are here. This Friday I will begin going over the protocol with Matt and deciding on what food I would like to extract DNA from. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to begin extracting DNA from multiple plants so that I may run it with the "Wizard" kit that was purchased. The process after extracting the DNA should run somewhat smoothly since I have done PCR's and Electrophoresis numerous times it should be relatively easy. Later on as I perfect my protocol I will be able to run different types of food ranging from cafeteria food or something from the vending machine to identify the presence of CAMV35S.
(Exploratorium.edu)

No comments:

Post a Comment